London played great independently during quiet time today and was focused and attentive when we went on family outings (WIN). I got in some knitting time today (WIN). Scott cleaned most of the kitchen (WIN for me). Dinner with Scott's family at my sister-in-laws (WIN). Bodhi had diarrhea that spilled out onto his pants while at family dinner at my sister-in-laws (LOSS). Right before bed London was all revved up and not responding or listening very well. The climax was when he (I kid you not) wiped his pee then shoved the soiled toilet paper IN MY FACE (BIG LOSS). Yes I cried. It was more than this germa-phobe could handle. London reminded me to get a drink of water to help me calm down-so at least I know the things he's learning in OT are sinking in (WIN). Somehow, despite that traumatizing incident, the night ended with a hug (WIN). We talked about how London's body was having a rough time and was all revved up and how his heart was racing. I hope that he will grow up to be aware of his body and know what he can do to help his body calm down when it revs up.
No comments:
Post a Comment